Bridge abutments help support the bridge and their approach and departure slabs. Stabilize these structures safely and quickly with USG. We offer polyurethane chemical grout injection for our Bridge Abutment Leveling service. Our service is minimally disruptive, allowing for bridges to be used again quickly after leveling is finished.
Bridge Abutment Stabilization
Bridge Abutment Stabilization by USG
Chemical grout Injection with polyurethane is a fast, efficient, and cost-effective way to stabilize your bridge abutments. Polyurethane foam is injected into the soils that surround the abutments. This foam expands and fills any voids behind the abutments, as well as compacting and densifying the compromised soil. Deep soil compaction will help prevent future soil loss and offer long term stability to these structures.
Our Soil Stabilization Services
The signs of damage to bridge abutments may not be obvious. Here are the signs it’s time to call USG:
- The joints of your bridges are no longer level.
- There are cracks in the concrete or asphalt that make up the bridge deck.
- There is visible soil washout from around the bridge abutments.
- There is water pooling on bridge deck.
- Spalling on the bridge deck or abutments. This may look like pores on the surface of the concrete.
- When you drive over the joints in the bridge deck, you feel a large bump.
What sets our Bridge Abutment Stabilization Service apart from others?
- Stabilizing your bridge abutments with chemical grouting does not require excavation.
- Polyurethane chemical grout injection is a long-term solution for stabilizing bridge abutments.
- Polyurethane chemical grouting is minimally invasive, allowing for less disruption your surrounding infrastructure.
- Polyurethane cures quickly.
- Stabilizing bridge abutments prevents catastrophic failures.
- Stabilizing the soils surrounding these structures prevents future soil loss.
How does it work?
- Polyurethane is water repellent
- Polyurethane is durable and made to last
- Polyurethane is eco friendly
- Chemical grouting is efficient and effective
- Chemical grouting is minimally invasive and cost effective